How to set up LUT only work on the person segmentation without affecting other assets?

Hello, I have another issue. When I use LUTs to change the skin color to appear lighter, and I also have a background image. The LUTs affect the background color as well. Is there a way to make the LUT only work on the person segmentation without affecting other assets?

Previously, I tried using this method: this one, but it ended up covering the background with a camera texture applied to the LUT material.

Thank you for your response, and hopefully, there’s a solution to my current issue.

Hello, this is possible. You would need to apply the LUT with an alpha mask using the foreground mask.

You may need to edit the LUT shader to make this work, which I could help you with.

Do note that this would still apply the LUT to clothes

Hello Jelena, thank you for answering my question. I tried to implement it using Shader Wizard, but it didn’t work. I attempted to use a LUT shader, but there is no place to add the alpha texture part. I am a beginner in this, is there an example that I can follow?

LUT_FG.deeparproj.zip (188.2 KB)
We don’t have a tutorial for that use-case on the docs but I made a sample project.
You can look at the shader code in a code editor. It is a combination of the shader in the Background replacement example and the standard LUT shader