DeepAR Agora Web Extension WebAssembly.instantiate(): error

Hey, i’m hoping someone can help me. Im are trying to integrate DeepAR with Agora through the deepar-agora-extension npm package in our web app. I have also tried running the quickstart example codebase GitHub - DeepARSDK/quickstart-agora-web-extension: Sample example how to use and setup DeepAR Agora Extension for Web. and in both cases I get the following WebAssembly error. RuntimeError: Aborted(LinkError: WebAssembly.instantiate(): Import #391 module=“a” function=“og” error: function import requires a callable). Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.

Hi @AdamH.

Can you try the following:

1. Delete the node_modules folder

2. Run npm install

This could happen if the agora extension is not the latest version.

I have tried this and unfortunately it doesn’t work. The quickstart-agora-web-exenstion codebase seems to have the latest version in the package.json too and it doesn’t work when running that codebase. I also got a colleague to test the quickstart project and he had the same result.

We are getting this in console logs:

deepar-agora-extension.js:1 wasm streaming compile failed: LinkError: WebAssembly.instantiate(): Import #391 module=“a” function=“og” error: function import requires a callable
eval @ deepar-agora-extension.js:1
deepar-agora-extension.js:1 falling back to ArrayBuffer instantiation
deepar-agora-extension.js:1 failed to asynchronously prepare wasm: LinkError: WebAssembly.instantiate(): Import #391 module=“a” function=“og” error: function import requires a callable
deepar-agora-extension.js:1 Aborted(LinkError: WebAssembly.instantiate(): Import #391 module=“a” function=“og” error: function import requires a callable)strong text

Thanks for reporting, we will have a look.

Thanks, any luck with this?

Have you tried running your “quickstart-agora-web-exenstion” project recently? Just to clarify the “quickstart-web-js” works for me. Its just the “quickstart-agora-web-exenstion” project where WebAssemly doesn’t instantiate. I have the same result in our codebase trying to integrate with Agora as in your “quickstart-agora-web-exenstion” codebase.

The issue has been reported to the dev team, I will let you know when I have more useful info. Apologies for the wait.

Ok great thanks, if you could let me know when they have taken a look that would be super helpful. We want to get DeepAR integrated into our app asap. Many Thanks

1 Like

Hi @jelena, did the Dev Team have a chance to look at “quickstart-agora-web-exenstion”?

Checking in on this @jelena
Please let us know if there is a fix identified for this.
Thank you

Sorry, I don’t have any new uodates yet

Hi, we’re preparing new version of our WebSDK which should be released to public in couple of days. We could not reproduce the issue there so it will be fixed hopefully.