Custom DeepAR effect is working in DeepAR Studio preview, but causes app to crash when loaded and run in Android Studio

Hi, I am quite new to DeepAR and currently developing an android app for personal project use. I have created a hair filter effect (e.g. buzzcut.deepar) using the DeepAR studio, it works well in the studio preview. However, when I import the effects into my project in Android Studio and run the app in my android device, it sometimes causes the app to crash when I’m switching through different filter effects. I am receiving this error message: “Fatal signal 11 (SIGSEGV), code 2 (SEGV_ACCERR), fault addr 0x7823dc3490 in tid 6879 (Thread-23), pid 6738 (.deepar_example)”. So I tried some templates from the DeepAR studio to verify the compatibility of the effects with my app, it works just fine. So my question is, are my custom hair filter effects corrupted? If so, how do I resolve this issue? Very much appreciated if anyone knows the solution to this problem.

Hi!

Could you share which versions of the Studio and SDK you are using? Could you also share the effect you are using (you can write us on Intercom - small bubble bottom right here if you don’t want to share publicly)?

Hello, thank you for replying. I’m currently using:
Android Studio Iguana | 2023.2.1 Patch 2
Android SDK Platform 34
DeepAR Studio 4.4.0
I will share the file at the intercom.

1 Like