[MacOS] frameAvailable returns empty CMSampleBuffer

Hi,

My end goal is to convert the CMSampleBuffer within func frameAvailable(_ sampleBuffer: CMSampleBuffer!) to a CGImage.

I’m initializing DeepAR with:

let cgFrame = NSRectToCGRect(NSScreen.main!.frame)
self.arView = self.deepAR.initializeView(withFrame: cgFrame)
self.deepAR.startCapture(withOutputWidth: 1280, outputHeight: 720, subframe: cgFrame)
self.deepAR.delegate = self

captureOutput only enqueues the sampleBuffer. At this point, I can read the video sampleBuffer fine.

func captureOutput(_ output: AVCaptureOutput, didOutput sampleBuffer: CMSampleBuffer, from connection: AVCaptureConnection) {
    self.deepAR.enqueueCameraFrame(sampleBuffer, mirror: true)
}

frameAvailable doesn’t return any processed video feed. The sampleBuffer isn’t nil, but theres nothing to convert to an image.

func frameAvailable(_ sampleBuffer: CMSampleBuffer!) {
  let ciImage = CIImage(cvImageBuffer: sampleBuffer.imageBuffer!)
  guard let cgImage = context.createCGImage(ciImage, from: ciImage.extent) else { return }

DispatchQueue.main.async { [unowned self] in
    self.frame = cgImage
  }
}

Any tips on how I can get the processed feed to convert to an image would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Jon

Hi, i think the problem here is just an invalid subframe size. It should be in [0-1] range, like so:
Example from our github:
self.deepAr.startCapture(withOutputWidth: 720, outputHeight: 1280, subframe: CGRect(x: 0.0, y: 0.0, width: 1.0, height: 1.0))

Thanks for the response. That got me closer.

In frameAvailable, there is still no feed in the CIImage, but the properties look correct now (image attached from debugger). Im not seeing any errors or output, so I’m at a loss. I’m curious if I’m not processing the sampleBuffer correctly? I’m not convinced the videoBuffer is being dropped, but it’s a bit of a black box.

Thanks for the help,
Jon

Have you checked this code for reference? We convert buffers to CIImage in this example

Thanks for sharing. I can’t get this to work with the macos github sample you provide either, but it seems to work fine on iOS.

I’ll keep exploring other options.

Jon